Warranty Terms & Conditions
Trailers Warranty Terms & Conditions
Century Camper Trailer Pty Ltd warrants that, subject to the limitations and exclusions below, all parts of our manufacture or assembly of the trailers and caravans are free from defects in material and workmanship (jockey wheel, bearings, tires, wheels, brake pads & wearable parts are excluded) for a period of:
12 months from the date of purchase for normal operational use (3 months for commercial use*). Any shortcomings in the original material or manufacture will be corrected without charge to the original purchaser for parts and labour incurred in that rectification. *The Term Commercial Use “Commercial use describes any activity in which you as the owner use the trailer or caravan for financial gain”.
This Warranty does not apply to new products purchased from us and then used in hire schemes or as rentals. Hiring or renting your products to third parties may negatively affect your ability to make claims for those products under any other warranties as may apply.
This Warranty only applies to items sold as “new” and does not extend to any items sold via auction, or labelled “factory seconds”, “as is”, “ex-demonstration” or “damaged”, unless specifically stated otherwise by us in writing. This Warranty is an agreement between us and yourself personally and is not transferable under any circumstances. If an item is sold to a third party by the original purchaser, then this Warranty is terminated immediately for that item, and the original purchaser shall make no claims or be eligible for any claims on behalf of the new owner.
The warranty is not transferable to a subsequent purchaser if the Trailer or Caravan is sold by the original purchaser during the warranty period. Your Century Camper Trailer Pty Ltd comes with guarantees that cannot be excluded under the Australian Consumer Law.
The benefits within our Warranty are in addition to other rights and remedies under the Australian Consumer Law in relation to this product.
Keep it serviced, keep it covered. This warranty does not apply if the trailer or caravan is not serviced regularly, or the damage occurs because of:
– Fair wear & tear,
– Misuse, neglect, or abuse,
– Storm damage or other acts of Nature,
– Unauthorized repairs made or attempted.
All servicing must Initially be conducted in the first Three months or 500kms and then six months routinely or every 1000kms. A record of all service work must be retained for any potential warranty claims within the first twelve months.
If you have rectification works performed by an unapproved third party, whether under an approved warranty claim or otherwise, then we may not be responsible for the costs of those works, and this Warranty shall not cover those works or any damage or loss of value arising from those works.
The warranty covers the original trailer or caravan only. It does not cover the following items:
– Appliances and equipment which are not manufactured or supplied by Century Camper Trailer Pty Ltd (for example a refrigerator, freezer, or customer modifications) are covered by the warranty of such items for the term offered by the manufacturer of such items.
– Any defect resulting from overloading, misuse, negligence, accident, or other cause beyond the direct control of Century Camper Trailer Pty Ltd.
– Any defect resulting from fitting or installation of any accessories or options such as an altered toolbox or other items after the trailer has left the premises of Century Camper Trailer Pty Ltd.
– Any rectification or other work required due to alterations in Local, State or Federal legislation which occurs after manufacture of the recreation vehicle.
– Any consequential damages or repair work necessitated due to continued usage or towing after a defect has, or should have, become apparent to the purchaser or user.
– Any accommodation or re-location expenses including fuel/freight. Loss of earnings or rents or other costs incurred before or whilst repairs under this warranty are being affected.
– Trailer or caravan not being serviced on time (all new Trailers or Caravans must be serviced initially in the first 3 Months 500kms and every 6 months 1000kms routinely or more frequently if customer has a high frequency use). re-grease bearings and bolts every 500km.
*Canvas covers, Zips, straps, and mesh are not covered under this warranty.
NOTE: This manufacturer warranty does not cover general consumable parts on the Trailer or Caravan, and rust on any painted or scratched galvanized surfaces of the products or any of its components. (E.g., axles, springs, couplings, and jockey wheels.)
Any items sold as “factory seconds”, or “damaged” items are sold on an “as is” basis. Due to the nature of such items, i.e being “factory seconds” or “damaged”, it is reasonable to expect that some imperfections or flaws may exist even where it is not initially apparent. While we will notify you of any defects or damage to such goods of which we are aware, you purchase the goods on notice that we may not be aware of all such defects and damage, and that the price you pay for the goods includes a discount to allow for the risk of you discovering further defects or damage.
We do not make any representations as to the quality or fitness of any goods sold on this basis, and it is a term of the contract for the purchase of any such goods that the customer has made their own inquiries and inspections and relies exclusively upon those inquiries and inspections in deciding to make that purchase.
The owner or any authorized pick-up person (including freight company’s drivers) has the responsibility to check the number of products that match your order and make sure all products are in satisfactory condition. If any products are not in satisfactory condition or any items missing when you pick them up, we will change them for you. But after the products leave Century Camper Trailer Pty Ltd.’s business address, Century Camper Trailer Pty Ltd will not accept any claims in regard to those products, not in satisfactory condition or missing items.
It is the owner’s responsibility to inspect and maintain the trailer. Before use must check tires condition, nuts, bolts, moving positions, safety chain, lights, and the overall trailer condition for any banding, leakage, breakage, abnormal noise. Check the trailer condition every 80km. Re-grease all bolts and bearings every 500km.
Any broken parts that need replacing under the warranty period you must follow Century Camper Trailer Pty Ltd warranty terms and conditions. Bring the broken part to us before replacement part is supplied. Or the replacement parts will be charged.
Trailers must be returned to Century Camper Trailer Pty Ltd for warranty work to be done. The warranty will not cover any freight or postage cost at both ends. Century Camper Trailer Pty Ltd is not liable for any loss, theft, or damage to any goods in transit. All trailers need to be empty when return for warranty.
You agree that, to the greatest extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable for consequential or special damages of any kind, including aggravated, punitive, or exemplary damages. Without limiting the generality of this clause, you agree that our liability shall be limited in all cases to the amount you paid for the products underlying a claim.
I acknowledge that I have received the Manufacturer’s Warranty information.
My selling dealer has explained to me.
- The Century Camper Trailer Pty Ltd Warranty.
- Proper operation of the trailer or caravan.
- Owner maintenance responsibilities.
- This warranty does not include future changes or upgrades to newer models.
- This Century Trailer Warranty only applies to your specific model and design.
I have inspected the goods provided by Century Camper Trailer Pty Ltd, to me and it appears in satisfactory condition.
Century Camper Trailer Pty. Ltd. Address:
706-718 Beaudesert Road, Rocklea, QLD, 4106
PH: 07 3195 0404
ABN: 81 164 704 778 www.centurytrailers.com.au
(Third party claims not accepted) *Please always check the latest edition on our website.
Caravans Warranty Terms & Conditions
Congratulations on your recent purchase. We thank you for selecting our brand by purchasing a Century Caravans & Trailers Caravan. As a company our ultimate objective is to give you a quality product, to be enjoyed for many years.
Our staff collectively have many years of experience in the RV industry. We use quality products and materials to provide you with a caravan designed to suit your needs.
To ensure continuous satisfaction for our customers, we pride ourselves on our aftersales service, standing by our products with our warranty program.
STRUCTURAL & MANUFACTURERS WARRANTY
Century Caravans warrants to the original purchaser of every RV of the faults appointed in material and workmanship from the date of purchase which is followed by the specified guidelines during the following:
- 5-year structural warranty
- 1-year Material and Part warranty
- Appliances Warranty – see additional booklet.
The foundation of this Century Caravans Structural Warranty is to cover under the expected use and specified
servicing while following the “your obligations” section excluding the “what is not covered”.
- Century Caravans manufactured
- Century Caravans manufactured galvanized, painted, raptor coat chassis (excluding adjustments and rubber).
- Century Caravans manufactured walls and roofs (following the “Owners Obligations” information provided regarding walls and roofs). Century Caravans will cover delamination and
- ALKO Torsion Suspension (excluding adjustments) The following items are not covered under Century Caravans warranty.
- Water damage or ingress from floods or river crossings
- Impact or stone damage to body
- Wheel alignment if affected by large
- Off-road use, roads or tracks as described as not being
- Failures, defects and/or damage resulting from unauthorized
The warranty applies to any defect relating to manufacture of your caravan. (i.e.: that which Century Caravans will be responsible for and that warranty will not relate to any other materials and products used, which are covered by supplier warranty)
The 5-year structural warranty for Century Caravans caravan’s will commence on the date of delivery of the caravan.
A claim under this warranty will only be considered if the Century Caravans is notified of the claim during the warranty period. This warranty is applicable to the original purchaser only and is not transferable.
Our Century Caravans range has not been specifically designed for Off-Road use. We manufacture our own chassis, floors, roof and walls which provide strength, durability for gravel roads and mild off-road conditions. Due to gas regulations, our RVs cannot claim to be water and dust proof. Therefore, our RVs should not be exposed to water crossing at floor level or above.
Towing at an appropriate speed to the conditions is advised according to the road and weather
conditions. Our RV’s have not been designed for extreme off-road use such as undulating 4WD tracks. Damage that occurs from unreasonable use is not covered by our warranty.
Century Caravans advises you that some components – “equipment and fittings” supplied with your RV are not manufactured or imported by Century Caravans. These components are separately warranted by the businesses that are imported or manufactured by their respected businesses. The following components are provided to Century Caravans:
- Cooking Appliances
- AL-KO Suspension Components
- Hot Water Service & Heaters
- Stereo Systems
- Battery Management Systems
- Solar Panels & Batteries
These components are not covered by Century Caravans Warranty, although, our Century Caravans team will assist you in any warranty claims if you have any difficulty with the manufacturer or importer. Please note that warranty periods vary for all components. Century Caravans is not subjected to any rights by Law to hold any responsibility or liability for any defects in workmanship or operation of separately warranted components. Please take the time to read the manuals provided in your owner’s packet, which you would have received upon the purchase of your RV.
WHAT IS NOT COVERED?
- Recreational use only. Using the RV for the permanent residential purpose may cause premature wear and tear, this is not warranted under Century Caravans or authorised
- Century Caravans will not warrant damage caused while the RV is loaned or hired to someone other than the original
- Using the jockey-wheel for anything more than adjusting the height of the caravan, will not be warranted if the owner/s uses the jockey wheel as a handle or hitch to drag the caravan to a suitable arrangement.
- Century Caravans Caravans are built to be towed only by standard vehicles (AWD, 4WD, RWD, etc.) Century Caravans will not warrant damage caused by commercial trucks from stained suspension from the weight, rather than
- This warranty does not warrant misused, neglected, or accident
- This warranty does not warrant any standard maintenance that is the owner’s responsibility of the upkeep of the RV (please see the section below of “Your Obligations”)
- Century Caravans will only warrant fabric items being a canvas, windows screenings, vinyl windows, cushions, and mattress covers if the material and workmanship are declared defective. Century Caravans will not warrant any tears, punctures, shrinkage, softening, fading, or soiling.
- This warranty will not warrant if condensation damage occurs to curtains, plywood finish, or tent sections are not treated
- Sealants will not be covered under this warranty after 12
- This warranty will not warrant any physical appearance that occurs by UV exposure, Wear and Tear.
- Century Caravans will not cover any accommodation arrangement costs while repairs are in progress.
- Century Caravans will not cover the costs of the transportation for any
- Century Caravans will not cover bedding items (mattress, duvet covers, cushions) that are not warranted for tears, softening, or
- This warranty does not cover sofa covers for tears, punctures, and
- Century Caravans will not warrant any damage caused to benchtops such as chips, cracks, and the deterioration of sealant after
- Century Caravans will not warrant tears, rips, or holes in an
- This warranty will not cover any damage resulting from the installation or fitting of options or accessories after the RV has left the manufacturing
- This warranty will not warrant the following damages or failures resulting from:
- Accident, Theft, or Fire
- Uncommon environmental damage – stone strike, hail, windstorm (tornado, cyclone, etc.), lightening, external fire, flooding, acid rain, airborne fallout (chemicals, tree sap), stones, salt, rust, sand, road hazards explosions, tsunami or similar, cannot be
- Uncommon animal damage – pets, mammals, birds, fish, reptiles, amphibians, pests and insects.
- Axle and toe in alignments will not be warranted within the 3 months/1000km from the purchase date service
- Any unauthorised repairs and additions after the manufacture alterations
As a new owner of a Century Caravans RV, there are a few things you need to know. It is essential to:
- Upkeep the servicing of tyres – tread wear, tyre pressure, tighten wheel nuts, inspect rims and tyres including, maintain greasing wheel bearings and tightening wheel
- Routinely clean filters such as air conditioners and water
- Maintain Fiberglass maintenance for walls, roofs, carry bar, and conduit ducting as step by step
- Apply a small amount of polishing paste on the buff and spread the paste without the motor switched on over a small
- Start at the lowest rpm and lowly increase the
- Always keep the surface wet (the surface will get too hot if not kept wet)
- Always keep a consistent amount of pressure and even amount of
- Clean the surface after
You must ensure that your caravan has had periodic services and maintenance checks and that all services are up to date. This will help prevent any conditions arising from neglect that are not covered by the warranty given by Century Caravans Caravans.
Bringing your caravan to the dealer or any authorised service centre may help you identify any defects in your caravan which you may not have noticed. Early identification of defects could help you get them rectified during the warranty period.
In this manual we have included the Periodical Maintenance Schedule which should be stamped and signed by your authorised repairer at the end of each service.
Due Date / Kilometres
(Whichever occurs first)
3 Months or 1000km
12 Months or 10000km
24 Months or 20000km
Note: Ensure that you check the sealing of the roof, hatches, and exterior fittings during your scheduled services. This would help you to secure the caravan from any potential water ingress and damage.
As an owner of a Century Caravans RV, you must follow guidelines for regular and appropriate maintenance. The owner must contact your Century Caravans dealer or Century Caravans immediately if an issue arises with your RV. Please advise the owner will need to have the RV available for the nearest authorised dealer or agent for inspection or testing (see section “what is not covered”). If issues are not attended to in a timely manner, they will not be covered by Century Caravans. Under this warranty, if any part of your Century Caravans RV is declared inadequate in material or workmanship during the provided warranty period, Century Caravans at is sole discretion, either.
- Replace or repair the appointed issues of the RV, or
- Cause the RV or appointed issues of the RV to be repaired or replaced by a Century Caravans dealer or authorised
Warranty repair or parts replacement will be performed free of charge by an authorised Century Caravans repairer at its place of business within a reasonable time after delivery of the RV to the dealer or repairer in normal business hours. Where an on-site repairer is requested and such service is available, a service call fee may be applicable at the expense of the owner.
If you are in an area where there is an unauthorised dealer, your repairs can be repaired after written approval from Century Caravans. The payment may be required from the customer, where it can be reimbursement with receipt and invoice with correct details (must have chassis number) if approval was subjected to the customer. This warranty will not cover unauthorized establishments without prior written consent from Century Caravans in improvements or changes. Century Caravans has no obligation to install the same part originally supplied to and may use refurbished parts as a replacement if suitable.
Please advise that no individual including any dealer, agent, or representative is authorised to make any warranty work except to refer the purchaser to this warranty terms and conditions. Century Caravans makes no liabilities if any dealer, agent, or representative advises incorrectly without abiding by the terms and conditions written within this warranty.
HOW TO VALIDATE YOUR WARRANTY
To validate you will need to fill out in full the “Service record” on page 12 and page 13, scan and return to
Century Caravans by use this link, https://centurytrailers.com.au/warranty/
Declaration by the purchaser:
I/We confirm that I/We have received, read, understand, and agree to the terms and conditions of this warranty outlined in this booklet and in particular I/We are aware of and note the Service Requirements. I/We certify that answers not in handwriting have been checked by me and are correct.
I/We confirm that the dealer has provided us with and explained all the necessary handover information regarding the caravan, I/We have inspected the Caravan and I/We are satisfied that the Caravan is of sound quality and is free from defects in material and workmanship.
Declaration by the purchaser: INV:
HOW TO MAKE A CLAIM (WARRANTY PROCESS)
- If work under this warranty is required, the Purchaser should immediately contact the nearest authorised Century Caravans dealership, or Century Caravans address listed at the bottom of every page, Century Caravans will not reimburse costs of repairs performed by other companies without prior written constant and approval from Century Caravans.
- Any warranty claim must be accompanied by:
- Proof of
- Full details of the alleged
- Appropriate documentation (such as historical, graphic data and maintenance records).
- The purchaser must make the Caravan available to Century Caravans or the authorised Century Caravans Dealership at the nominated repair agents and/or dealership yard for inspection and testing. If such an inspection finds no defect in the Caravan, the purchaser must pay Century Caravans or the dealers’ usual costs of inspection and
- If the inspection and testing reveal defects in the Caravan, our claims Department will refer you to an approved repairer for assessment. If the claim is approved, our claims department may authorise the repair and issue authorisation number to the approved repairer. Any claim for repairs carried out without prior authorisation will be denied under this
- In the event the purchaser has to lodge a claim under this warranty, it is possible that the repairs or the handling of such claim may be delayed if the details on the warranty Registration Certificate are not completed and forwarded to Century Caravans within 14 days of purchase. This includes any fees for maintenance service, consumables, removal and refitting of appliance, towing fees, or traveling time which may be required by a repairer to perform warranty
- Century Caravans or the selling dealer will not be liable for the disrupted travel plans, accommodation, or other associated costs whilst repairs are carried out to the caravan in the event of an
authorised claim. It is the Purchaser’s responsibility to deliver the Caravan to an authorised repairer on the event of a claim on this warranty.
- To maintain this warranty at all times, the Purchaser must adhere to the Maintenance Service Schedule in this booklet. Service coupons in the rear of this booklet are to be completed at each scheduled service. Failure to adhere to these requirements will void this
- The repair or replacement of the Caravan or defective part is the absolute limit of Century Caravans liability under this
- Should a dispute arise concerning either the Warranty or a claim, the Purchaser may choose to refer to our internal Disputes Panel for determination and you will receive a response within 15 working days of receiving your
- Replacement parts are not required to be identical to the original, these replacements may be similar, and will be determined by the manufacturer/repairer/availability.
PRE-TRAVEL CHECK LIST
- Roof hatches closed and
- Cupboards and drawers securely
- Windows closed and
- Shower door
- Secure all
- TV off bracket and stowed
- Refrigerator packed securely – door locked.
- Fire extinguisher fitted and
- Gas cooker locked and stove top lid
- Gas bottles turned
- Tyres – check pressure and
- Brakes checked and
- Check all wheel nuts are present and
- Water tank
- Lights operating
- Wheel bearings
- Remove jockey
- Ball coupling securely locked in
- Doors locked – steps
- Jacks and supports
- Release handbrake – remove wheel
- Safety chains
- Adjust towing
- External boot
- Electric extension between car and van attached and
- 240V electrical lead
- Front and rear (if any) protector shades securely locked
- Anode on water heater checked (if fitted).
The service Agent will undertake the following steps at the Maintenance Service:
- Check alignment of doors and windows adjust if
- Check operation of the step adjust if
- Visual inspection for water
- Visual inspection for sealant/silicone, if signs of no adhesion or deterioration are evident, reapply or
- Clean, check and repack wheel
- Check condition of brake
- Adjust brake shoes and park
- Check wheel alignment and tension wheel
- Check tyres
- Check and tighten all suspension and pivot
- Under-carriage visual inspection and report on any
- Ensure electrical wiring is secure and routed
- Ensure gas and plumbing lines are
- Lubricated stabilisers and
- Check all
- Check operation of awning and
- Check operation of appliance and
- Pressure test gas
- Check battery terminals and acid
- Lubricated locks, hinges, and clean
- Check and adjust cupboard locks and
Century Caravans trusts that you will enjoy many trouble-free kilometres of touring, if however, you need to make a claim please follow the Warranty claims procedure set out in this booklet.
Please complete CENTURY CAMPER TRAILER PTY LTD WARRANTY CLAIM FORM by use the link below,